Skip to main content

Insurance Coverage and Certificates


Risk Management and Safety administers three self-insured funds including General Liability, Auto Physical Damage and On-the-Job Injury. The retention for each program is $1,000,000. In addition to administering the various self -insured type programs, Risk Management and Safety negotiates an estimated 71 insurance policies through the commercial marketplace each year. If you have any special insurance needs, please contact us and we will be happy to assist in finding a solution.

Certificates — Request Proof of Insurance

With limited exception, Vendors required providing work, goods, or using University facilities must first provide a Certificates of Insurance to the department initiating the agreement and kept on file for two years. High risk” vendor certificates should be sent to Risk Management for review at along with a description of the activity and applicable contact information.

Examples of when certificates of insurance are required:

  • Exhibitors
  • Contractors
  • Promotional Vendors
  • Business vendors including those performing a service
  • Third parties using or renting campus facilities
  • Non-profits hosting events on campus
  • Anyone hosting a large-scale event on campus
  • Caterers or other food vendors. For Caterers, please see the Registration and Licensing Procedures for Caterers/Bartending Services.

Further details on vendor insurance requirements can be found on the General Vendor Insurance Guidelines page.

Sample Certificate of Insurance & Endorsements: